1.16.2015

Can't Wait to Eat It

I have a finish!  


And I just desperately hate it.  Hated it so much that I considered balling it up and putting it away forever, but the recipients liked it, so I pushed through.  I did not try very hard.  The techniques I used to finish it cannot be found in any quilting encyclopedias, Craftsy classes, or incredibly misinformed blogs.  I crossed the streams, made specific and detailed public statements about Fight Club, and put Baby in a corner on this quilt.  


For this quilt, I used the palette builder at Play Crafts to pick fabrics and then sketched up several different ideas and had the recipients pick which one they liked.  The palette builder worked well - the general concept did not.  I love this picture, and the sunflower itself was pretty cool as well.  Maybe it will grow on me, but I'm not holding my breath.  Hey, self: next time just get a big print of the picture you like.  

Feh.  

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday at crazymomquilts, because a finish is a finish, even if it's fugly. 

Happy crafting! 

No comments: