3.24.2008

Stop! In the name of mymittsareawesome...



I totally love these. They were great fun to knit, fit very well, and are warm warm warm. The only problem I have with them is that I have to take my watch off to wear them, which puts me in deep ignorance of the time and at a big risk of losing my watch. It's from Target, not exactly a family heirloom, but I like it and really want to keep track of it. Anyway, stats:

Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Deep Seaflower colorway (Warning: looks virtually nothing like the manufacturer's colorway pictures; check Ravelry for an idea of what it really looks like.) and Louet Gems in Cream
Pattern: Endpaper Mitts by Eunny Jang
Needles: 3.0mm KnitPicks Nickel plated (Medium size)
Modifications: None? None. I did use a different tutorial than the one she suggests for the tubular cast-on, because the one she linked crashed my browser on multiple attempts to access it, and so I left off the set-up rows for CO and BO. All else was done as the pattern said to.



Picture-taking had to be solo and the day was cloudy, so these are not the greatest shots. I wanted to get them done, though, before I wore them -- the Endpaper Mitts have lots of natural predators, such as the slightly torn steering wheel cover, the car keys, and the Overexcited Mutts Welcome Home Committee.



Anyway, I highly recommend this pattern and am plotting to make another pair soon, this time out of some nice Koigu. The Smooshy and the Gems did not come close to being the same thickness, and I was still working out tension issues through these, which makes them not quite as matchy as I would like. The next pair will be knit better, and probably loved about the same.

No comments: