3.22.2020

And now for the only thing on anyone's mind...

HOW is that quilt coming along?

Bright birches is moving along.  I decided that the squares really need to finish at 16x16, then made the first square exactly the right size if I perfectly lined up the background fabric, which is to say that I made it about an inch too short.  So that's not super-great.  There's a decent chance I'll just make the top row squares a titch shorter than the others, probably won't even be noticeable, but there's an outside chance I'll forget all about it and it will mess things up when I'm trying to put it all together. 


I am continuing to give a non-negligible amount of thought to every single fabric placement, but at this point I think I have all the needed strips started, and am plodding through piecing them together.  The background fabric coming all from stash is a stretch, but it could still happen.  


Baby Raccoon

Or perhaps that thing you just can't get off of your mind is this little delightful baby raccoon.  


At this point, there are like, hand to God, 9 colors I haven't broken into yet.  It is sheer insanity.  There are two creams that I wouldn't feel confident staking anything on being able to tell apart, and the two browns I KNOW I can't tell apart.  And yet I cannot bring myself to substitute one for the other or deviate in any way from the pattern, although last night for the first time I found a color where it wasn't supposed to be and didn't give it a second thought.  One misplaced stitch in the melange of light and lighter gray, medium and mediumer green, and brown/brown will not affect anything.  

So far, in the New World we've found ourselves in, my bit of crafting time in the evening feels exactly the same as it had before, so it's a really nice comfort.  While everything else is falling apart, I can count on half my ass falling asleep while I make tiny medium green stitches across an expanse of raccoon fur.  

Happy crafting! 


1 comment:

Susan said...

love