12.28.2019

More Cross-Stitch

Oh man, I've only finished two quilts this year.  That's way under my normal average.  I've finished other stuff, though, like skeins of handspun:

Corriedale X, I want to say Brown Dog fibers?  Fingering weight 2-ply

Oh, and I accidentally took up needle-felting.  Pictures of that when I make the one series of fourteen posts in a row next December, because maybe it will be finished by then.  

So here are the finished cross-stitches:


All patterns were found on Etsy, and all are Harry Potter-themed.  My surprise favorite ended up being the Luna Lovegood one (which says "Don't worry, you're just as sane as I am").  It was the quickest and simplest, but with the mat of the shiny, different color-reflecting scrapbook paper, it really came together well.  (There's a word for that kind of paper, but I can't retrieve it, the internets were unhelpful, and we shall have to forge ahead.)  

My cross-stitching queue is full of pretty, mostly butterfly-themed projects but I haven't committed to one yet.  I scored some sweet, sweet black Aida cloth over my visit home, and have some ideas for that as well. 

No comments: