Usually when I apologize for low-light pictures, it's because I've finished something well after the sun has gone down. This, however, is the rising sun. Through trees, to be fair, but yeah. March in the cold northeast.
Plinko patchwork is finished! It was planned to finish at 60"x72" - after a wash it will probably be a bit smaller.
I was stumped for a long time about how to quilt it, and I put this quilt down when the spinning wheel quilt came together. Putting quilts aside before they're done is rare for me, but I safety pin basted this one and then set it aside. As I worked on other stuff, I kicked around lots of options, then sat down and decided out of nowhere to quilt Hostess cupcake loops over the seams. Then, because it seemed like it needed a bit more and I couldn't remember which batting I'd used and therefore how much space I could leave between quilting lines, I did diagonals across the whole quilt.
My loops are, let's say, really really organic. I hated them while I was quilting, but now that it's done, I really like the effect and will probably use this again.
The very top of the back is more of the banner fabric, the middle is spooky trees, and the bottom is "Blast Off," a nice neutral geometic-y Connecting Threads clearance score. The banners were a Hawthorne Threads clearance score. Then my husband liked it so much that I scored more to make this quilt.
And, with great fanfare and a very tired leg, I present my first handspun:
Six ounces of a black/white wool/alpaca 2-ply. I can see how my spinning improved over the course of the two singles - there is a substantial amount of single left on the second bobbin I did, mostly because I didn't have huge slubs that could probably have produced a yard or two of single. I'm going to figure out how long it needs to rest and then wash it. Then I'm going to shellac it and put it on the wall. Maybe.
Linking up with Finish it Up Friday. Happy crafting!