7.16.2016

WIP: True Blood and 100 Quilt

Oh, and a little teeny tiny FO:


 A leetle zipper pouch.  Done from a tutorial at aspoonfulofsugardesigns.  


That is scraps of fabric and batting and a 4" black zipper.   


Today I finished quilting the 100 Quilt:  


I used my free-motion foot and made up a sort of beaded-cord-with-echoes quilting pattern, which really only shows up at all on the blackest square.   Being 30"-ish by 40"-ish, it went really fast. 


Now to cut and bind.  

I've picked up spinning again - there was one night that I was so tired that I couldn't think of anything other to do than spin.  

BMFA Polwarth in "True Blood Red"
And speaking of blood, last Friday I was cutting the new fabric that had come to finish up the 100 top and I sank my rotary cutter right into the tip of my left index finger.  Boy, did that hurt.  It was about 11:20 pm, and I went to the ER and ended up leaving around 1:30 am without even seeing a doctor, because it seemed like it wouldn't need stitches.  It was shallow but wide and long, if that makes any sense. and I thought it was swollen but after a week of healing I'm now thinking that my finger's just going to have a slightly different shape than it used to.  Anyway, PSA:

PAY FULL ATTENTION WHEN ROTARY CUTTING.  

Finally, a picture of the 100 quilt when it was being all intriguing in the evening light:


Happy crafting!  Watch out for those rotary blades! 

No comments: