4.23.2016

Oh yeah, I have a blog!

Seems that recently I only manage to post when I've finished something, which is why you haven't heard from me in a while.  First I decided to knit on a blanket that is a looong-term project:

...

Hm, seems I haven't photographed that one since I picked it back up.  It's pretty, I'll photograph it sometime.  It's Hue Shift in decor.  

Then I needed an emergency Thanks-for-Being-the-Best-Boss-I've-Ever-Had gift, so I forgot all knowledge I have of how long it actually takes to knit things (because dude, look at all the stuff I've knit, it's like millions of stitches), and I ordered me up an enormous amount of fingering weight merino/cashmere/nylon blend yarn, and cast on 452 stitches or whatever and that was in the middle of March.  


I knit the final stitches last night - the bindoff I haven't brought myself to face yet is next.  In the process of knitting this thing, I have watched an UNGODLY amount of Gossip Girl*, and I'm very ready to be done with both.  

Peeking from behind the Blue Scarf of Interminable Gossip Girl is some fabric that got here today (YAAAY!) from Hawthorne Threads.  (They shipped about two hours after I ordered it, because they are awesome).  I'm making Big Girl Quilt #2, and she chose red.  Here are today's new ones:


And here is the whole pull so far:

 
And here is a bunch of fabric I got awhile ago with some fun money that was timed very nicely with a Connecting Threads sale:


The fabric on top there is not CT - I used all of the half-yard I got as part of the backing for the soccer ball quilt, and I like it so much that I tracked down a bit more online.  

Aaaand, that's about it for me.  Hope that soon I will unearth my sewing table and start quilting again. 

Happy crafting! 

xoxo - orooni



*embarrassing aside: if I have to hear Blair telling Chuck that she loves him but can't be with him ONE MORE TIME, I'm going to roll my eyes so hard I fall off the couch and sustain some kind of injury.  YOU know what I'm talking about.  And if you don't, maybe you don't realize how much respect you should be losing for me, but I assure you, it's a lot.  A lot. 

No comments: