5.12.2015

Greetings from Sleeve Island

In knitting, when you're working on the sleeves of the sweater, and you work and work and work and have basically nothing to tell the blog about other than "sleeves more again," that is called being stuck on Sleeve Island.  Maybe only by the Yarn Harlot. 

I haven't come up with a good name for the same phenomenon in quilting, in which hand quilting something takes a while... and then longer... and then, like, a lot freaking longer because it takes so long.  Hand Quilting Isthmus?  That doesn't have the same ring.


Anyway, that's where I've been.  Then, after my long stay on Quilting Sleeve Island, I got stuck at Hand Sewing Binding Down Customs.  I estimated that doing all of the hand quilting was going to take 16 evenings, and I wish I could remember when I thought that, but I'm quite sure it was more than 16 days ago. 

I just finished it, just now, and took a way-after-dark picture of it.  I'll write up the post on Friday, so as to enter it into the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  At first I thought that started 5/1 and was bummed that I'd missed it with this quilt, but of course I was wrong and it starts Friday.

Hopefully sunlight will be kinder to it.  I'll wash it, too, which should shrink the batting a bit.

SELF.  GO TO BED.  Okay.  Goodnight, and happy crafting! 

No comments: