This quilt scratched an itch for me, as well as opening the quilting floodgates - there's a 16-block red and orange string quilt top on my design wall now, and I'm currently hashing over my options for borders for it.
Here it is after thread burying and binding but before washing. Fifty-eight or 59 squares, plus one time when I ran out of bobbin thread yielded about 230 little tails to bury. When I chose a quick quilt, 230 tails were not part of my calculation. I did consider washing the thing and then clipping the tails without burying them, but just couldn't do it.
I enjoyed putting this together, because I've made few enough quilts that I remember what project(s) each of these has been used in, and it's fun to see them all being used together. Some fabrics that didn't make it into the top were used in the pieced binding. The color effect of the pieced binding is nice, but all the seams make it rather lumpy.
Title: "I Like THAT One!"
Batting: Hobbs Warm & Natural
Backing: Jo-Ann green floral FQ bought for Daughter 2's quilt and rejected for being too lime
Thread: Connecting Thread Essential white
Finished Size: 16"x18.5"
Notes: First spray-basting used, first pieced binding
In the interest of getting this on the wall quickly, I sewed rings on the top two corners rather than make a hanging sleeve.
Here it is in all its on-the-wall glory. Felt really good to put up some color, and inspired me to get a couple more things on the wall.
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for the first time!