4.06.2014

Sunday Stash

Right now, the quilty blogosphere is reminding me of the knitty/yarny blogosphere before Ravelry came along.  I've loved exploring all these great blogs through various linky parties, so I'm making a tiny effort to participate.  Today I'm linking up to Molli Sparkles

That said, I probably won't do many Sunday Stashes because I don't buy new fabric all that much, and because I barely know what day of the week it is anymore. 

On to the fabric!


Above we have Little Flowers in Licorice (Ann Kelle) , Buttons in Purple (Jenean Morrison), and Geo in Natural (Dena Fishbein).   Surprise! - the buttons aren't really buttons. 



Honeycomb in Marmalade (Bonnie Christine), Scattered Violets in Orange (Mo Bedell), and Lace in Red (Doodlebug Designs).  Honeycomb was a pleasant surprise - I like it more in person than I did on the site. 


And finally, here's Trees in Green (Deena Rutter), Dancing in Waltz (Pat Bravo), and Posh in Bright (Pat Bravo).  These top two green fabrics are part of my ongoing green-related quest, but I won't go into that now.  I'll save it for sometime when I don't have new fabric and my quilting update reads like: "I got to work on my quilt while the baby slept!  I stared at my design wall, thought a bunch, wrote down some numbers on a piece of paper, then slapped some white borders on!" 

None of these new additions have specific plans attached.  Reading all these blogs and seeing all these beautiful quilts has got me thinking about my fabric stash - given that I tend to do patchworky smaller projects and go for long periods where I can't quilt, I rarely run out of stuff or use up a whole cut of fabric.  Buying new fabric thus represents quite a commitment.  This little shipment made me very happy.  Off to wash them now.

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Bower Bird Patch said...

Love the trees in green.....wouldn't mind a bit of that for my own green quest! Wishing you many happy creative quilting hours with these....