1.19.2013

Time has passed!

And so the time that I remember that I have a blog has come again.  I finished my Citron:


I did also block it, but didn't get a picture of that.  Just imagine it a bit bigger and flatter, you'll have the idea.   I used KnitPicks Chroma in fingering weight, Midwinter colorway, and, as a single, it was very much like the Malabrigo laceweight the pattern calls for.  People complain that the Mal felts if you even think about it too hard, but I've had good luck with it and really like it. 

Sockyarn Blankie continues to grow, with over 100 squares.  Triumphantly, I found the yarn I'd been looking for when I remembered starting a square with it and sticking it into a purse I'd since stopped using.  



Christmas happened, and my net loss of sockyarn stash was gloriously wiped out in one crazy swoop.  (Thanks, Mom!) I didn't get a group shot of everything, but here's a group shot of a future chevron crochet blanket for Baby to basically match her Bliss quilt: 


Here are some Christmas socks for Mom - Embossed Stitch from More Sensational Knitted Socks in Knit Picks Stroll, Barn Red, which I got on sale because the color's discontinued. 


And here are some others, Crusoe in Claudia's Handpaint fingering, colorway Spring Break.  The toes are Smooshy, so that I'd be sure to have enough of the Spring Break for a blankie square.  Baby's sleeping through the night-ish, so all cylinders are back to firing-ish.  


Well, the baby is punching me in the face, which must mean it's time to sign off.  Happy knitting!

No comments: