2.27.2011

careful with the merch!

So I'm plugging away at the values quilts.  I jumped into this project with both feet before realizing that just about every damn intersection in this thing is going to require precision piecing. 

Precision piecing is not my enemy, not at all, but after working for many hours on point after point, I'm ready for a relaxing break dismantling bombs or training porcupines to synchronize swim. 

Or it might be time for a quilt on the theme of wonky rectangles. 

Although they're not all perfect, several have come out as well as I could imagine triangle points in fabric coming out, such as this one:

and that keeps me going. 

It hit me in the middle of this huge pile of point matching that I have no idea how I'm going to quilt these suckers. 

Bah, niggling thoughts for another day. 

No comments: