4.05.2008

FO: Super Easy Totally Soft and Warm Legwarmers



Yarn: Cascade 220 Quatro and Crystal Palace Yarns Kid Merino
Pattern: Super Easy Legwarmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Needles: Size 8 dpns
Modifications: None whatsoever. Oh, except I made them shorter.

Turns out when you make these 15 3/4" long, you can get a full pair out of one skein of the Quatro with about a foot of yarn left over. That was an exciting finish, made slightly less exciting by the fact that I'd gotten two skeins of it. I'd been hoping to make the Mrs. Beetons out of my leftovers, but it seems silly to break into a skein for them, so that's on hold for now.

In other news, I cast on for a Clap-oh-sweet-Jeebus-is-this-thing-seriously-not-finished-yet? and it's coming along nicely. If slowly. It's currently about 50" long from the end to the middle of the (slanted) working row. Here are the specs:

Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy, colorway Deep Seaflower
Pattern: Clapotis
Needles: size 4 Addi Lace
Modifications: yarn sub, shooting to meet pattern schematics with a different gauge



This is the same Smooshy that my Endpaper Mitts are made out of, and it is very, very ocean-y, blue with hints of purple and green.



And, finally: the Sundara poll. I had actually been pulling for the scarf, but the socks took the early lead. So, I figured, hey, the internets knows what it's talking about -- socks it is. There's a decent chance that that particular color should not even be coming within five feet of my face anyway, because warm yellows tend to make me look like microwaved death. (I'm a Fall. Or Summer. Or whichever one can basically only wear dark blue.) But now, scarf is even with socks at three votes. Hmm. Maybe the microwaved death question will be the tiebreaker.

No comments: