9.01.2007

tink tink tink



I was all recovered from my utter inability to do fishnet lace in a halfway reliable way, and then I don't know what happened, but I've had to frog about 6" worth in the last two days. Just now I noticed that several rows down, I just skipped about 4 yos right in a row. No more yos. Perhaps it's the early-morning knitting. It's getting me out of bed and to work on time, but in terms of actual progress, I'm getting nowhere. Perhaps the stockinette socks would be a better choice.

Also, I'm going to have to block the living crap out of this thing. My stitches are completely wonky-looking.

The Watermelon Tourmaline burning a wooly kind of hole in my stash became broken garter socks:



I'm liking them. Not so sure about the Silkie yarn, though - it's a lot fuzzier and more loosely plied than I was expecting it to be. Maybe could use a bigger needle than size 1...

Oh good Lord I'm back down to 42 stitches on this thing. I'm going to bed.

No comments: