3.21.2007

FO: Roza's Socks



Yarn: Brooklyn Handspun in "Minty"
Pattern: Roza's Socks by Gumperina
Needles: size 1 Crystal Palace bamboo dpns
Modifications: substituted stockinette between rib and pattern rounds (because the garter makes it look a bit unfinished or inside-out, which is fine, but my wardrobe tends dangerously in that direction on its own)
Why the Weird FO Shot: I'm taking a page from the book of Ashley, with the "requisite pattern shot" thing she did with her chevron scarf. And this is similar enough to the pattern photos to be recognized as an homage (anyone?), and I already had the lacy white skirt, and so why not?

I bought the Minty from Brooklyn Handspun before I had a pattern in mind, and then Grumperina's post about the socks she had designed inspired my first purchase of Interweave Knits. Which I'm probably going to have to subscribe to here soon.

I'm very happy with how they turned out. I'd been looking for a green like the green in my first socks, and hadn't found anything close to it until Minty. The color is complex, with bluer parts and yellower parts, lending some nice interest to what are basically solid-colored socks.

You might be able to see this a tiny bit here:



So I'm 4 for 7 of having a week's worth of handknit socks. Onward!

No comments: