2.28.2007

Frog Pond City

I've cast on for Grumperina's Roza's Socks, in this issue of Interweave Knits, which I ran out and bought on the day it hit newsstands.

I like how it's working up in this "Minty" superwash sock yarn from Brooklyn Handspun. Unfortunately, the yarn is on the thin side, and while I've never used Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, which is what the pattern calls for, I suspect that it's different enough to be the reason why this is coming out a teensy bit too snug. So in the way too long amount of time it took that picture to load, I have frogged and re-cast on in one size bigger needles, of which I have slightly the wrong number of needles and which also kind of sucks because I bought the smaller ones specifically for this project. D'oh. Oh, and also I have to remember not to put these needles in my mouth, because they have been dropped on some terribly disgusting floors, and this, people, is sadly harder to remember than you might think.

Other was kind enough to send in my eight hats to the Muppethead contest, and they are on schedule for an under-the-wire arrival of today. I'm proud to have done my part to have Boston (or Boston's postal service workers, at least) groaning under the weight of several more skeins's worth of fun fur hats.




This:


is the beginnings of the sock-weight stockinette stitch scarf that I achieved this past weekend. Its sole purpose is to be mindless but pretty, and it's doing a great job.

I used to wonder at the Yarn Harlot's need to knit a few rows to "take the edge off," as she says, but today I was positively jonesing. That's why I've used uploading pictures to my knitblog as a puny excuse to put off driving for awhile so I can sit somewhere that isn't my house and read a textbook that I really honestly do not have any desire to read, and sit and knit some instead.

Okay. Everything's up. Sigh.

No comments: