9.15.2021

Finishes (from awhile ago!)

Oh, holy cow, I didn't post TWO finishes from July and August.  Oh, wait, including socks there were FOUR finishes: (Updated to add: oh yeah, I finished THREE quilts.)


I took this picture in a car!


And then here is the Ugly Quilt, also known as Bright Birches, which I actually ended up really liking:


The birches backing fabric finally did come, and I ordered a whole heck of a lot of it.  I'm always surprised by how much fabric backs take.  

I machine-quilted "straight" horizontal lines with two different variegated threads that were actually embroidery thread.  Used black embroidery thread for the back.  Everything I found online said it should work, and although it was a bit thinner than thread I normally quilt with, it had a nice sheen and was just the right amount of crazy to put this quilt into the right craziness territory.  

And I don't have a picture of the baby quilt that I was going to show you handy, but then going through the pictures, I realized I haven't even posted this quickie little quilt:


This was made to cheer up a colleague, and it was done in record time.  I explained to the quilt several times that it was supposed to be quick and simple, but it put up a decent fight anyway.  I pulled all the front fabric from stash, and ordered this blinding rainbow backing fabric because it was wide-back and I wanted something quick.  

 


Oh, and here's that baby quilt:


This backing was just a touch too bright, and also I'd just bought it to replace the last yard that I'd bought and ended up using as a backing, but it was the best I had.  There was one Connecting Threads low-volume one that coordinated nicely with the borders of the top, but it seems blurry to me, even though I think that's just the pattern. 

I'll let you know if I remember any other quilt finishes that slipped my mind!  This should be all for now, though.  

Happy crafting!

No comments: