2.20.2016

FO: Loving Kindness Wallhanging

I'm moving into a new and tiny office and am using this chance to make everything look exactly how I want it.  Which, of course, means lots of quilts.  

The design for this one came as I was sitting looking at the couch that's currently in my office and seeing a little pillow laying on the back that looked like a stack of sideways half-square triangles.  I thought it would be nice to make it look slightly plant-like by putting petals at the top.   


The assembly was quite fast, given that I was using a charm pack from the Connecting Threads "Luminescence" line. 



 I sat and embroidered while watching lots and lots of Netflix.  


The words come from a loving kindness meditation I learned in a class about Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, which I've used a lot, especially recently. Our little community has had a rough time of it over the last couple of weeks. 

I machine-quilted in the ditches first and then echoing lines in the non-wordy triangles.  The binding is yardage from Luminescence.  

Hoping that I haven't missed the deadline to link up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday

Happy crafting! 

No comments: