2.20.2016

FO: Loving Kindness Wallhanging

I'm moving into a new and tiny office and am using this chance to make everything look exactly how I want it.  Which, of course, means lots of quilts.  

The design for this one came as I was sitting looking at the couch that's currently in my office and seeing a little pillow laying on the back that looked like a stack of sideways half-square triangles.  I thought it would be nice to make it look slightly plant-like by putting petals at the top.   


The assembly was quite fast, given that I was using a charm pack from the Connecting Threads "Luminescence" line. 



 I sat and embroidered while watching lots and lots of Netflix.  


The words come from a loving kindness meditation I learned in a class about Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, which I've used a lot, especially recently. Our little community has had a rough time of it over the last couple of weeks. 

I machine-quilted in the ditches first and then echoing lines in the non-wordy triangles.  The binding is yardage from Luminescence.  

Hoping that I haven't missed the deadline to link up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday

Happy crafting! 

1 comment:

International Directory Blogspot said...

Hello . Want to share your blog with the world? To find people who share the same passions as you? Come join us.
Register the name of your blog URL, the country
The activity is only friendly
Imperative to follow our blog to validate your registration
We hope that you will know our website from you friends.
http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
Have a great day
friendly
Chris
We follow your blog, please Follow our return
All entries will receive a corresponding degree has your blog