5.16.2014

Birdie Bag & Socks

Before our Long Car Trip (of Doom) (not really), I made a little drawstring bag for the Toddler (of Doom) (really), hoping that it would keep her entertained for 3 minutes. 


I got the birdie fabric recently, as well as the white-with-purple-flowers liner fabric.  The birdies weren't destined for a project, and the purple liner fabric is for a wallhanging I'm planning but haven't gotten around to, other than the designing.  


Daughter picked out the purple squares fabric (by which I mean she picked it up at JoAnn Fabrics and didn't want to put it down), and the drawstring fabric was from my Mom's old stash - it didn't want to hold a crease, so I'm wondering if it's not 100% cotton. 

Daughter loves pulling the drawstrings closed but isn't strong enough to open the bag back up, so there was a lot of, "Will you open this, please?"  That counts as keeping us busy. 

Tutorial here: In Color Order.  I shaved half an inch off of the finished measurements because my fat quarter of the purple stuff was pretty skinny, in fact, and I didn't realize that I didn't need to sew a bottom seam and could have just used one big piece, because my Main Exterior fabric wasn't directional.  (Doh.) 



During the Long Car Trip, I also managed to finish two pairs of socks that had been over halfway done for a while.  Above: Escalator Socks in Fleece Artist Trail Socks, colorway November Sky (I think.  Their colorways are a bit... hit or miss?  Not sure which phrase I'm looking for.  There's more play than you might expect.). 

Below are basic ribbed socks in Schachenmayr nomotta Regia Bamboo Color, a yarn I'm pretty sure is discontinued.  It's a good yarn for summer socks.  I started these before last summer so that they'd be ready for last summer, but instead they're ready for this summer.  Good enough!


Linking up with Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts

Happy crafting! 

No comments: