2.01.2014

My did it!


And all I had to do was neglect more important responsibilities!   This was about half from stash and half new fabrics.  The border is Sandy Gervais Frolic.  Lots of the squares are Riley Blake, which I finally noticed I have a lot of. 


The backing fabric is called "Happy Hooters."  Really.  

I was pretty out of practice for the whole thing - the quilting lines aren't straight, I seem to have forgotten how to iron seams (at least without steam burning myself) and the outside border was kind of a disaster.  But the seams lined up pretty well.   


The outside border fabric was what I started with, and there was a period where I decided that this quilt top was the ugliest thing in the universe, but some daylight and some resignation that this is finished and ready to go later, I'm okay with it.  

I love hand-sewing binding down.  Wish I liked weaving ends in as much as I like finishing quilts.  Now all that's left to do is wash it - I tracked down some color catchers and will do a load of quilts later today. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

It looks fantastic! NB2 will love it.