7.08.2007

Dyeing & New Yarn

In addition to 15 meters of fabric, I dyed one skein of Buttermilk-colored Crayon cotton yarn from KnitPicks. I didn't calculate the yardage for stripes, so I have no idea how it's going to knit up. I'd like to make bibs for my new first cousins, but it's possible that it will produce bibs sized for 15-year-olds, so we'll see how that goes.



One Monkey sock is done, and the other is almost to the heel. I'll show those again once they're finished. For now, I'm content to dream about what will happen to these lovely skeins that came in the mail this week:



Left is "Dragonfly" from Sunshine Yarns, right it "Kaleidoscope" from Sunnyside Ellen, both of whom are on Etsy. This is my second purchase from Sunnyside Ellen, and I'm hopeful that this skein will knit up just as nicely as the first one.

Dragonfly is going to try to be Pomatomous socks, and Kaleidoscope is going to maybe be a pair of Monkeys or Flutter-by socks, which I found through the Sockapalooza knit plig. I'm also considering that pattern for the Ashabee's that didn't work as Monkeys.

No comments: