This entry is back-dated because I couldn't get the picture uploaded when I originally wrote it, and didn't post it until a few days later.
I have a problem with bags. I carry around a 32-oz water bottle, small sterilite container (with knitting project, usually a sock), digital camera in its (small) case, my journal, and occasionally a course notebook. My hemp messenger bag is the right size, but it's falling apart, not easy to get stuff in and out of quickly, and not good at holding anything but the aforementioned items.
Which is, I believe, how one of my Hurry Up Spring armwarmers ended up spending several days in the road/parking space that I found it in. I was aware that righty was not with lefty, but, because I'd gotten worried several times recently only to find an armwarmer jammed under my camera case, water bottle, or knitting container, I decided not to worry about it. If not for the telltale bright bits of color, I wouldn't have recognized the soggy lump at all.
At first glance Mr. Armwarmer looked pretty bad. But even though I find the Noro Kureyon to be pretty scratchy and think that in anything but direct sunlight the darker colors are indistinguishable from one another -- and also kind of think that the nice branch/leaf pattern, rendered in this yarn, makes me look like my arms have Hulk veins running up and down them -- I wanted to at least try to revive him. This was my first project on double-pointed needles, and also, I believe, my first project using cables. They have served me well in the chilly office many times.
So I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed both of them ("gentle squeezing" - I've felted with Kureyon many times, and know how fast that can go) and then, once the mitt was no longer giving up road dirt, dust, and bits of leaves, gave them a nice Eucalan bath.
And as far as I can see, feel, and smell, they came through just fine.