12.21.2006

Hand knitted gift



I have been busy, relatively speaking! Above are three scarves. From left to right, they are (1) Basketweave for brother, (2) Misty Alpaca Chunky Eve's Rib Scarf for Rx Boss, and (3) Modified Misty Alpaca Chunky Eve's Rib Scarf for me.

As I mentioned before, the Basketweave scarf is from SnB Nation. It took a long time, with tiny bits of knitting here and there, but I'm very happy with it and think Bro. will like it. It was knit out of Plymouth Encore black, on size 8 needles that came with the learn-to-knit kit Mom and I bought several years ago.

The second two scarves are made out of the most unbelievable alpaca yarn. I've liked alpaca since I bought some of Misty International's sport weight, but when the lady in the yarn store invited me to pet the chunky weight yarn, it was over. They had a nice shade of teal similar to what I'd had in mind for my boss's scarf, and a lovely and free pattern on their website that only called for one skein. So, back to the store I went to exchange the extra skein for the nice navy/navy, and made one for myself. Each one took less than 24 hours.

No comments: