11.23.2006

garter stitch headband

Yarn: Smania (JoAnn Fabrics Sensations line)
Pattern: my own*
Needles: Crystal Palace bamboo circs, size 8
Color: Berry Multi



I whipped this thing up pretty quickly after finding the yarn on clearance for $3 a ball and vowing to actually use it for something. Although it came out looking pretty much how I wanted it to, pink ("berry multi") does not go so well with my skin tone, which is rather pinkish itself. So from far away it might look like I have no hair on the top third of my head. Dead sexy as that is, it makes me self-conscious, so I've decided to only wear it when I don't really care what I look like, which is also the status of, oh, the other 80% of my wardrobe, so I haven't worn it yet. Outside the house. I do wear it inside the house. That is probably kind of strange.

*Want it? CO 80-ish stitches, join being careful not to twist, work in garter stitch however many rows looks good, BO loosely.

No comments: